Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SASMAN

Default When I have come to use docs saved on disc, I only see squares?

I have saved all my documents (word2003) to disc prior to purchasing a new
laptop. To date I have installed word2003, and sp2 update.
The problem occurs on about 70% of saved documents when I try to open them.
The result of this action is umpteen pages of small squares, which looks
similar to unicode format.
Any ideas what is the matter? I wasnt given the option to open with any
other format, and besides the files were definately saved as .doc files. They
do however contain an excel table (unlinked), although I am dubious that this
is the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Si Clarke