Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ravindra Bhargava Ravindra Bhargava is offline

Default insert binary image to word document.

How can I call a Binary image which is already stored in Access Database in a
Word Document 2007 to create Mail merge application.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can't insert these images using an "out-of-the-box" mailmerge in Word.

To use these images in a Word Mailmerge, you have to do one of the
following things:
a. extract them to files on disk that Word can insert using an
INCLUDEPICTURE field.
b. use Word Events and (e.g.) VBA to get the to extract them from the
record currently being processed by the merge.

Either way, extraction will probably only be straightforward if the
images are binary images, e.g. .jpg images, and not for example old MS
Paint objects (probably a bimpa wrapped up in a Paint object)

To use approach (a), you would typically have to use Access VBA or some
other automation technique to extract each record's image to a file
whose filename was related in some way to the record's key. So if for
example your record key is called "mykey" and contains a number 1,2,3,
etc., then suppose you extracted the image for record 3 into a file
called c:\myimages\image3.jpg. Then you could insert the image in your
merge using the nested field

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "c:\\myimages\\image{ MERGEFIELD mykey }.jpg" }

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk