Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Robert is offline

Default The server drafts location is not valid . . .

I'm getting an error message in Word 2007: The server drafts location you
entered for offline editing is not valid or you do not have permission to
access that location. Specify a location on your local computer. My wife's
computer is the one with the error. Mine is fine, so I used the same
location on hers, but still get the error message. I get this message when
changing options or closing a file in Word. Any help would be appreciated.
I choose User/Jill/Documents hit OK and things look fine. Then the problem
reappears and no location shows when I check the Options - Advanced settings.
The location exists, it doesn't get saved.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carl Behrent Carl Behrent is offline

We have the same problem, any updates on this?
The setting doesnt seem to be set anywhere in the registry.

Thanks