Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
meekers meekers is offline

Default What green ticks blue arrows mean on document icons mydocs

What do the green ticks or blue arrows that appear on the corner of the
document icons in my documents mean? They have only started to appear since
upgrading to Office 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm not sure about the "green ticks" but the blue arrows [lower left corner
of the icon] indicate that the icon is a Shortcut to something else -- a
file, a folder or a program. It has nothing to do with Office 2007,
however... my guess is that you've also upgraded to the Vista version of the
Windows operating system.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"meekers" wrote in message
news
What do the green ticks or blue arrows that appear on the corner of the
document icons in my documents mean? They have only started to appear
since
upgrading to Office 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
meekers meekers is offline

Thanks. Still not sure what they mean but perhaps they appear because they
are Office 2003 documents that will open in Office 2007?????? no idea????
Thanks again

"CyberTaz" wrote:

I'm not sure about the "green ticks" but the blue arrows [lower left corner
of the icon] indicate that the icon is a Shortcut to something else -- a
file, a folder or a program. It has nothing to do with Office 2007,
however... my guess is that you've also upgraded to the Vista version of the
Windows operating system.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones