Major Pain

Default My Ruler does not change with unit of measure change.

It is stuck on 51 units across the top and 65 units on the side. I have
changed the Measurement units, and turned on and off, the ruler, but it does
not change. In previous versions of Word , the change of the measurement
units changes the ruler.

I have also run through a Office2003 repair with no results.

How do I get the ruler to change????????