Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maddie Dog Maddie Dog is offline

Default How do I insert contact name and address in Word 2007 document?

In Word 2007 I would like to be able to address letters from my Outlook
Contact List. When I go to Mailings and Select Recipients and select
Outlook, I get a message: Unable to obtain list of tables from the data
source. What I would like to find is an address book like there is in Lables
and Envelopes. So I could click on a name and it would past the name and
address to the document. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If 2007 acts like previous versions, then Outlook 2007 must be your default
e-mail application for this to work.

Maddie Dog wrote:
In Word 2007 I would like to be able to address letters from my
Outlook Contact List. When I go to Mailings and Select Recipients
and select Outlook, I get a message: Unable to obtain list of tables
from the data source. What I would like to find is an address book
like there is in Lables and Envelopes. So I could click on a name
and it would past the name and address to the document. Any help
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stephen R. Gibson Stephen R. Gibson is offline

I have a similar but worse problem.
When I go to Mailings and Select Recipients and Select from Outlook
Contacts, or if i try to insert the address using a macro that used to work
for me, Word 2007 crashes.
I've retried removing the macro and tried uninstalling and reinstalling
Word, but it's not getting any better.
Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
Steve