Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TerryMasters TerryMasters is offline

Default How to remove hidden manual feed print command from Word document

Without "reveal codes" (like old WordPerfect) one cannot see the formating
that Word inserts. Someone, in editing my document, inadvertantly inserted a
"manual feed" in the print command. I have tried to re-select "auto select",
and the dialog boxes reflect that, but the document will NOT print
auto-select. Manual feeding an 80 page document is not acceptable.

How does one either find and remove, or simply remove, that hidden print
command?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

There are no codes to reveal nor does Word insert any formatting or other
commands in a document to control printing. The design of the program is
entirely different from that of WordPerfect. There are 3 possibilities I can
think of that might cause this:

1- In the Print dialog make sure there is no check in the box for "Manual
Duplex" or any other such setting in your printer's properties referring to
Duplex or double-sided,

2- If this is a problem with more than just one doc you may need to update
your printer driver, or

3- You may be dealing with a corrupt document. If the other suggestions
don't help copy all but the last paragraph marker (¶) - Control+A then
Shift+LeftArrow followed by Control+C is about the most efficient means -
paste to a new blank doc & see if it prints correctly.

If none of the above resolve the issue make sure to include what versions of
Windows & Word you're using as well as detail on the printer itself when you
post back.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones