Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
meganfelicity meganfelicity is offline

Default Creating Rules...?

Hi all,

I am trying to make word output certain data (from an excel table) linked to
a drop down box selection in the same doc.

Basically its in a table and I want it to appear when the user selects the
item from the drop down box.

Is this possible (or does that even make sense)?
I don't know VBE or a whole lot about fields so any help is good help...

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi meganfelicity

Try this:
How to add pop-up lists to any Word document, so you can click your way
through changes in seconds
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...toTextList.htm

That article talks about AutoTexts, and the technique pastes the content of
an AutoText into the document. Bear in mind that an AutoText can hold any
kind of Word content - one word, a paragraph, a table, or 27 pages of text
and images.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"meganfelicity" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am trying to make word output certain data (from an excel table) linked
a drop down box selection in the same doc.

Basically its in a table and I want it to appear when the user selects the
item from the drop down box.

Is this possible (or does that even make sense)?
I don't know VBE or a whole lot about fields so any help is good help...

Thanks.

Office 2007 Rules Kevin Bilbee Mailmerge 2 May 17th 07 10:05 PM
I need a document template from a given set of rules, anyone help Chelseaman Page Layout 1 January 5th 06 04:49 PM
Can I set rules in mailmerge documents? Emma1405 Mailmerge 1 October 23rd 05 12:31 AM
Random rules Kurt Ullman Page Layout 2 April 14th 05 10:42 PM
Rules for writing a report? Sully Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 05 02:05 AM