Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

Default How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected form?

I'm creating a simple protected form that is a series of text fields and
check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,
Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

What sort of signature are you looking to insert? You could add a Text box
so that they type their name, but I'm betting that you are looking for more
than this. Can you provide further information?

"Greg" wrote:

I'm creating a simple protected form that is a series of text fields and
check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

Default How do I allow a user to insert signature into a protected for

Sorry, I should've provided more detail.

I need the user to insert an image file of their hand-written signature.
Unfortunately I don't know the end users, so it can't be solved by using a
drop down menu.

Other ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

"Greg" wrote:

I'm creating a simple protected form that is a series of text fields and
check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In that case you will have to leave an unprotected section in which users
can insert the image of choice.

"Greg" wrote:

I'm creating a simple protected form that is a series of text
fields and check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest
way to do this?

Thanks,
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Greg is offline

Thanks Graham,

How do you do that in Word 2007?

Greg

"Greg" wrote:

I'm creating a simple protected form that is a series of text
fields and check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest
way to do this?

Thanks,
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Insert a section break before the space where the image will go. (and one
after it if not at the end).
From the developer tab Protect document restrict Formatting & Editing
Editing Restrictions Filling In Forms Select sections Check all but
the section to be unprotected. Start Enforcing Protection.
For creating forms in 2007 see also
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm

"Greg" wrote:

I'm creating a simple protected form that is a series of text
fields and check boxes in Word 2007. Does anyone know the easiest
way to do this?

Thanks,
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If your users are known in advance you could setup a dropdown field with
their names and call the signature files based on the result. The principle
is that at http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm, which can be used with
IncludePicture or Autotext fields instead.