Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Parrotz Parrotz is offline

Default display is Constantly refreshing

I'm running Word 2K. This phenomenon has just started. When I open Word the
display is constantly refreshing? itself. The Mouse cursor turns to an
hourglass icon and you see a blank horizontal line scroll down the page.
This occurs several times a minute and is very annoying. Word is the only
application that does this. It never did this before so something has
changed... Does anyone know why this is happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Parrotz Parrotz is offline

Update: I removed and reinstalled Word but nothing changed. I called MS and
they tried changing a bunch of settings within Word and in the registry but
nothing changed. After a lot of head scratching and checking I finally found
that this was somehow related to the printing utility "spoolsv.exe" and my
default printer installation. I figured this out by going into Task Manager
and watching which program was using system resources when the word screen
would pause & refresh itself. I then removed and reinstalled the printer and
the constant pausing and scanning of the screen in Word has stopped.
Probably a one in a million event but if anyone ever comes across this
problem remember this fix...