Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nnn nnn is offline

Default table seems to always have traling Paragraph; causes 2nd page

A template I use ends with a table (who authored etc). Because the table
always seems to have a following paragraph marker (the backwards P
thing) I get a blank second page when that ending table is at the very
bottom of the page. Is there any way I can defeat this behavior?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:35:32 -0700, nnn wrote:

A template I use ends with a table (who authored etc). Because the table
always seems to have a following paragraph marker (the backwards P
thing) I get a blank second page when that ending table is at the very
bottom of the page. Is there any way I can defeat this behavior?

The paragraph mark after a table is an absolute requirement of the program;
there is no way to remove it. However, you can select it and format it either as
Hidden text or as a 1 pt font size. Read the section "Table at the end of the
document" in http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rebel rebel is offline

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:35:32 -0700, nnn wrote:

A template I use ends with a table (who authored etc). Because the table
always seems to have a following paragraph marker (the backwards P
thing) I get a blank second page when that ending table is at the very
bottom of the page. Is there any way I can defeat this behavior?

That para mark is unavoidable. The only methods I know to avoid the risk of a
following blank page are move the bottom page margin down and/or reduce the
point size of that para mark. I usually wind up doing the latter - down to four
point or so. (Highlight para mark, then Shortcut - Ctrl-LeftSquareBracket
repeat)