Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default I hope this group doesn't taper out

Every time a web forum comes along, the usenet equivalent dries up. I
hope that doesn't happen to this one (I realize it's not really
usenet, but it can sure look like usenet). I seem to be the one
launching most of the recent questions, which is really odd
considering the number of Word users out there.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although traffic has decreased since Microsoft turned off its server, some
people still come here for answers. For now, it seems as if this newsgroup, as
well as other ones, will survive. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
Every time a web forum comes along, the usenet equivalent dries up. I
hope that doesn't happen to this one (I realize it's not really
usenet, but it can sure look like usenet). I seem to be the one
launching most of the recent questions, which is really odd
considering the number of Word users out there.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

At this point, this *is* Usenet; Microsoft has shut down its servers, so the
groups are carried only by other news servers.

http://word.mvps.org

"Paul" wrote in message
Every time a web forum comes along, the usenet equivalent dries up. I
hope that doesn't happen to this one (I realize it's not really
usenet, but it can sure look like usenet). I seem to be the one
launching most of the recent questions, which is really odd
considering the number of Word users out there.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You appear to have posted via Google Groups - you can access the newsserver
directly e.g. http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm
The traffic is light but we are still here.

"Paul" wrote in message
Every time a web forum comes along, the usenet equivalent dries up. I
hope that doesn't happen to this one (I realize it's not really
usenet, but it can sure look like usenet). I seem to be the one
launching most of the recent questions, which is really odd
considering the number of Word users out there.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

I really prefer the Google Groups access to usenet compared to a
newsreader or webforum.

Sigh.

On a different note, I followed the MVP team link, and for the first
time, saw faces for those who have provided invaluable help through
the years. Wow. Stefan, shouldn't you be there?

"Paul" wrote:

Every time a web forum comes along, the usenet equivalent dries up. *I
hope that doesn't happen to this one (I realize it's not really
usenet, but it can sure look like usenet). *I seem to be the one
launching most of the recent questions, which is really odd
considering the number of Word users out there.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not sure what you mean by the "MVP team link," but I'm listed with the other
Word MVPs he
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/co...ompetency=Word.

I haven't supplied a photo (yet) on that page (or an "avatar" in the Answers
forum, for that matter). For now, I don't mind being a bit anonymous. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul" wrote:

Every time a web forum comes along, the usenet equivalent dries up. I
hope that doesn't happen to this one (I realize it's not really
usenet, but it can sure look like usenet). I seem to be the one
launching most of the recent questions, which is really odd
considering the number of Word users out there.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

The link from Graham Mayor's home page points to http://word.mvps.org/AboutMVPs/index.htm
.. Maybe it's not maitained anymore?

Word MVPs hehttps://mvp.support.microsoft.com/co...product=1&comp....

"Paul" wrote:

Every time a web forum comes along, the usenet equivalent dries up. I
hope that doesn't happen to this one (I realize it's not really
usenet, but it can sure look like usenet). I seem to be the one
launching most of the recent questions, which is really odd
considering the number of Word users out there.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's been a lot of discussion about that page--whom it should include and
what it should be called. What it basically is is a list of contributors to
the site, or at least those who have submitted contact info to the
Webmaster; the section "About the Contributors" does state that. Those
include some Office MVPs and others who are not Word MVPs (or not current
MVPs at all), and it is not a complete list of Word MVPs, so the title of
the list in the blue sidebar should really be changed.

For a list of the actual current Word MVPs, with the information they have
provided to be public-visible, see
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/co...ompetency=Word

Stefan's profile is at
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...-35AB1A603C7C;
mine is at https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Barnhill

http://word.mvps.org

"Paul" wrote:

Every time a web forum comes along, the usenet equivalent dries up. I
hope that doesn't happen to this one (I realize it's not really
usenet, but it can sure look like usenet). I seem to be the one
launching most of the recent questions, which is really odd
considering the number of Word users out there.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Even "contributor" is a difficult concept, since one could argue that I have
contributed to one article on the word.mvps.org site in the sense that Daiya
Mitchell refers to me in the article "Outline Levels and the Document Map." :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP