Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
B~O~B B~O~B is offline

Default Formatting

I have a report that is generated daily, and I manually format the
report. Right now I have been using a Macro I record, but, it about
25 pages long. I know there has to be a easier way to the same
thing. What i want to do is take the 50 or so section and apply a
Header 3 format to them... I have a list of each section or is there
a way to Section ## to format (## = 01 and go to 48 and each section
tile start with)...

Can anyone help... I am using Word 2003... Have a basic
understating of Visual Basic...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What *exactly* do you want to format in each section? All the text? Some
heading or other? Something else?
What is it that you are starting with and what do you want to end up with?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
B~O~B B~O~B is offline

I want the full Section Title (Section ## - XXXXXXXX) converted from
the output format to Header 3 formatting... The reason is so i can
generate a table of contents...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
B~O~B B~O~B is offline

Here what i am using for the my report (copied the following for each
section and added each section title)... How can i streamline the
code..

Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = "SECTION 1 - These activities have been deleted from
revision."
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = "SECTION 1 - These activities have been deleted from
revision."
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Style = ActiveDocument.Styles("Heading 3")
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Are you using multilevel outline numbering for the section numbers? If so,
you could link the Level 3 numbering to Heading 3.

If the paragraphs are not autonumbered, then you can use Replace to search
for the section numbers and apply the Heading 3 style: In the "Find what"
box, type "Section ^#" (without the quotation marks); leave the "Replace
with" box empty, but click More to expand the dialog, then click Format |
Style | Heading 3.

http://word.mvps.org

"B~O~B" wrote in message
I want the full Section Title (Section ## - XXXXXXXX) converted from
the output format to Header 3 formatting... The reason is so i can
generate a table of contents...

handeiere handeiere is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post