Robert Baohm Robert Baohm is offline
Junior Member

Default No file:///c: in TOC hyperlink

Hi all,
for some reason in a word 97-2003 doc when i roll over a TOC hyperlink i have created (using bookmarks) new links I make or edit don't show the whole file path of file:///c: etc and instead just shows ctrl+click.

When this file gets converted into an epub file for an ebook, all the links after and including this 'problem' link are not clickable in a converted epub file. You can see them and they look OK but dont take you anywhere.

One last thing, these 'problem links show up in blue where as the others dont change colour.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How did you create the hyperlink? Note that Word automatically hyperlinks TOC
entries by default, so you don't have to create them manually. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...fcontents.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Robert Baohm" wrote in message

Hi all,
for some reason in a word 97-2003 doc when i roll over a TOC hyperlink i
have created (using bookmarks) new links I make or edit don't show the
whole file path of file:///c: etc and instead just shows ctrl+click.

When this file gets converted into an epub file for an ebook, all the
links after and including this 'problem' link are not clickable in a
converted epub file. You can see them and they look OK but dont take you
anywhere.

One last thing, these 'problem links show up in blue where as the others
dont change colour.

Thanks in advance.

--
Robert Baohm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And, depending on how you convert to ePub, the standard TOC field may well
be what is required for conversion.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Standard TOC field?

I had created the TOC manually by creating bookmarks and then inserting them as hyperlinks. I investigated 'switches' to no avail. I tried alt+F9 and looked at the 'code' but nothing I do seems to fix it.

I think this problem occurs when using this laptop as opposed to my PC and happens whether I save and edit as .doc or .docx.

Thanks