Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keeia7 Keeia7 is offline

Default How do I get a vertical line down the middle of the page?

How do I get a vertical line down the middle of the page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using columns or a table?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Keeia7" wrote in message
How do I get a vertical line down the middle of the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keeia7 Keeia7 is offline

Hi JoAnn,
Neither columns nor tables are necessary. The main goal is to have the paper
basically split in half vertically, so that I can type on both sides of the
page

I can use columns if necessary but I would like to be able make notes on
either side of the page (left of right), with a line going veritcally down
the center.

Does this make sense?

"Keeia7" wrote in message
How do I get a vertical line down the middle of the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It makes sense, but what JoAnn is getting at is that in order to "make notes
on either side of the page" in Word you'll *have* to use one technique or
the other. You can't just type anywhere you please - there has to be a
structure to the document.

For what I understand of your post, a table is probably going to be the
better option.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/18/07 6:35 PM, in article
, "Keeia7"

"Keeia7" wrote in message
How do I get a vertical line down the middle of the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Keeia7 Keeia7 is offline

Thank cybertaz,

Ok well, I did attempt to use a table but it was too small. I'll try to work
with the table and see if I can get a 2 column table

"Keeia7" wrote in message
How do I get a vertical line down the middle of the page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can choose the number of columns you want in your table. By default, the
table spans the width of the space between your margins, with all columns
the same width. If you need more space, you can reduce the side margins
(*before* inserting the table). If the inserted table has borders all
around, use Ctrl+Alt+U to remove them, then select just the right column and
apply a left border (or apply a right border to the left column, or an
Inside Vertical Border to the whole table).