Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nyco_ork Nyco_ork is offline

Default Size of reviewing pane locks up (Wd 2003)

I noticed that after I had experimented with viewing large documents in
different viewing modes, and at different zoom ratios, that the reviewing
pane got "locked" at a thumbnail size, something akin to the 10% zoom in
print view/preview. I tried reverting to older, saved "Normal.doc" templates,
tried switching views, zoom sizes, etc., but nothing would restore it. I mean
it was totally, completely, unreadable and useless.

Then I remembered that in other posts in this forum people had complained of
similar problems with the cursor, and the advice was to zoom to 500%, then
back to 100%. I tried that with the reviewing pane. First I had to put the
cursor in the pane, so the pane was active; then I hit control-A to select
all the text in the pane; then I zoomed to 500%, and back to 100%. That
finally did the trick.

I'm posting this just in case someone has the same problem, because I've
gone through all the posts on the reviewing pane, and don't see anyone else
reporting it.