Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
secretary secretary is offline

Default how do I format headers with section breaks in a long document?

I am trying to format headers for a rather long document that has multiple
sections, and I can't seem to get the headers to correspond to the section.
For example, when I change the header title on an even page Word changes all
my even pages to that same header title, even though I have a section break
above. This is very frustrating - I think that there is some step that I'm
missing but I don't know what! Any help would be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On the Header/Footer toolbar, click the Same As Previous button to turn it
off (notice the words on the upper right edge of the header pane). You need
to do this in each section, and for each header (and footer) in each
section -- First Page, Even Page, Odd Page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman