Anasazi

Default Help with nested tables

Hello,

I searched for the following but didn't come up with anything. Perhaps I
searched using the wrong phrase(s)?

ISSUE:
I am using Word 2000 to create templates for a manual. I have one nested
table on a specific template - both the main table and nested table are set
to remain on the same page and not break across pages. The client uses Word
2002...when we open the document in W2002, the nested table jumps to the
second page.

Is there a way to fix this so the table does not jump? The information on
this particular template needs to fit on one page.

Thanks in advance,
Blythe
Anne Troy

Check to see if there are styles attached to the table text. Then check
those styles to see if any are formatted to have "page break before". Or
simply change the text in the tables to Normal style and then manually
format it so it doesn't use styles.

****************
Anne Troy
www.piersontech.com
www.mrexcel.com

"Anasazi" wrote in message
Hello,

I searched for the following but didn't come up with anything. Perhaps I
searched using the wrong phrase(s)?

ISSUE:
I am using Word 2000 to create templates for a manual. I have one nested
table on a specific template - both the main table and nested table are

set
to remain on the same page and not break across pages. The client uses

Word
2002...when we open the document in W2002, the nested table jumps to the
second page.

Is there a way to fix this so the table does not jump? The information on
this particular template needs to fit on one page.

Thanks in advance,
Blythe

Jean-Guy Marcil

Anasazi was telling us:
Anasazi nous racontait que :

Hello,

I searched for the following but didn't come up with anything.
Perhaps I searched using the wrong phrase(s)?

ISSUE:
I am using Word 2000 to create templates for a manual. I have one
nested table on a specific template - both the main table and nested
table are set to remain on the same page and not break across pages.
The client uses Word 2002...when we open the document in W2002, the
nested table jumps to the second page.

Is there a way to fix this so the table does not jump? The
information on this particular template needs to fit on one page.

In my experience, somewhat complex tables (Nested, in Textboxes, etc...)
seem to have wildly different default behaviours in each version of Word. I
just had a problem like that with tables done in Word XP but misbehaving in
Word 2003.

I think that to be on the safe side, if your client has Word 2002, you
should open and arrange the template with Word 2002. This way you are sure
it will behave correctly. If it were the other way around, you could try to
save the template as a Word 2000 document with Word 2002.

--
Salut!