Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
x-plorer

Default how to reset style attributes to base-style?

1. I create style Y, based on style X.
2. I change font for style X - font of style Y is changed too.
3. I change font for style Y only.
4. I change font for style X - font of style Y isn't changed.

How to reset changes (in any time, not by using Undo option just after),
made in step 3? In other words, how to say to the style: "reset your
attributes to those known from your base-style"?

Thanks in advance

x-plorer

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

x-plorer wrote:
1. I create style Y, based on style X.
2. I change font for style X - font of style Y is changed too.
3. I change font for style Y only.
4. I change font for style X - font of style Y isn't changed.

How to reset changes (in any time, not by using Undo option just
after), made in step 3? In other words, how to say to the style:
"reset your attributes to those known from your base-style"?

Thanks in advance

x-plorer

After step 4, set the font of style Y to be the same as the font of style X.
In the description of style Y, you should no longer see any reference to the
font, which means that the font of style X again "shows through" in style Y
as it did before step 3.

For example, between steps 2 and 3, the description of style Y might be

X + Space After: 6 pt

Between steps 3 and 4, it would change to something like

X + Font: Arial, Space After: 6 pt

If you now change the font of style X, the Font setting in style Y overrides
that change. After you change the font of style Y to match the new font of
style X, though, the description of Y will go back to

X + Space After: 6 pt

and any further changes in the font of style X will appear in style Y text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman