Insert a nonbreaking minus sign?

Old May 15th 07, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Angel Bivins

Default Insert a nonbreaking minus sign?

Does anyone know how to insert a nonbreaking minus sign? Like if an author
says -7 to -3 days and you want to keep the minus always with the 7.
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design

Old May 15th 07, 07:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Angel Bivins

Oh yeah! Duh. Thanks LS!
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design

"LS" wrote:

Control+Shift+-

Old May 15th 07, 07:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Actually, the true minus sign (which is wider than a hyphen, more like an em
dash, and the same width as the plus sign) is naturally nonbreaking; find it
at 2212 in the Mathematical Operators character subset).

"Angel Bivins" wrote in message
Oh yeah! Duh. Thanks LS!
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design

"LS" wrote:

Control+Shift+-

Old May 15th 07, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Angel Bivins

Yup! That worked properly. I typed 2212 in my document and then hit ALT+x
and it converted the 2212 to a true minus sign.
Thanks Suzanne.
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Actually, the true minus sign (which is wider than a hyphen, more like an em
dash, and the same width as the plus sign) is naturally nonbreaking; find it
at 2212 in the Mathematical Operators character subset).

"Angel Bivins" wrote in message
Oh yeah! Duh. Thanks LS!
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design
www.wordangel.com

"LS" wrote:

Control+Shift+-

Old May 16th 07, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
OE

I saved it as autotext using the minus key (-). Hit F3 and it inserts the
non-breaking symbol

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Actually, the true minus sign (which is wider than a hyphen, more like an
em
dash, and the same width as the plus sign) is naturally nonbreaking; find
it
at 2212 in the Mathematical Operators character subset).

so
all may benefit.

"Angel Bivins" wrote in message
Oh yeah! Duh. Thanks LS!