Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ashee Ashee is offline

Default Is it possible???

Yes, go to Insert- field, then select "fill-in". If you save the document as
a document template, then every time the document opens, you will be prompted
for the fill in. This field works nicely with "If" for true/false text. Have
fun!

"Mike" wrote:

I have a standard letter that I send out regularly but I do have certain
pieces of info that I want to be able to automate to personalize each thing.

I know this can be done in excel but was wondering if there was a way to
create a pop up box when you open the file that prompts for information to be
input...

Thanks for all your help.