Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
crg crg is offline

Default APA Headings

I would like to find or create a style document for an APA formatted document
that work with a Table of Contents.

Levels 3-5 of APA have the heading inline with the paragraph text. For
example

This is the heading. Followed by the paragraph text that goes on and on and
on etc.

It seems that the heading styles only allow for paragraph headings - that is
they automatically insert a new paragraph after the heading - so if I
highlight "This is the heading." above and apply the heading style it
automatically sticks in a new paragraph which doesn't match APA.

Alternatively, if I don't using the heading styles, then I can't
automatically create a table of contents for my document.

Any ideas about how to solve this problem?

Thanks!
Charles

APA Headings crg Microsoft Word Help 4 April 7th 10 12:14 AM
How do I center headings and sub headings on a page? Joe Microsoft Word Help 2 February 6th 10 06:32 AM
How do I center headings and sub headings on a page? Joe Microsoft Word Help 0 February 6th 10 05:01 AM
2007 headings do not match the 2003 headings BBG Microsoft Word Help 6 February 5th 09 09:13 PM
Outline numbering - headings and no-headings on same level VBMoron Microsoft Word Help 1 October 23rd 07 02:06 PM