Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Freddy

Default Macro Help!

Upon open of Word XP I receive the following message:

"Microsoft Visual Basic ---- The macros in this project are disabled.
Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application
to determine how to enable macros."

Rather than try to find out how to enable these things, I just
un-installed what I thought were the offending programs, through Control
Panel | Add / Remove, etc.

These were PDF create and convert related programs.

Problem still there!

Running Office XP on Windows XP Pro.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Set macro security to Medium and to trust installed templates and add-ins.
Then any warning you get should come from the document. If you don't know
what the macro in a document is for do not enable it.

Freddy wrote:
Upon open of Word XP I receive the following message:

"Microsoft Visual Basic ---- The macros in this project are
disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the
host application to determine how to enable macros."

Rather than try to find out how to enable these things, I just
un-installed what I thought were the offending programs, through
Control Panel | Add / Remove, etc.

These were PDF create and convert related programs.

Problem still there!

Running Office XP on Windows XP Pro.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Freddy

Graham Mayor wrote:
Set macro security to Medium and to trust installed templates and add-ins.
Then any warning you get should come from the document. If you don't know
what the macro in a document is for do not enable it.

Great!!! Thank You.

FYI -- Followed your instructions and restarted Word. Alert popped up
which asked if I wanted to enable a macro. It also pointed to the
location of the macro. I went in and deleted the macro.dot file and
then reset my macro security to High. The offender was from the program
that I uninstalled. It just did not delete all of the tailings.

Works perfectly again.

Thanks again.

Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 12:59 PM
Macro Button Won't Stay on Toolbar caleb Microsoft Word Help 2 June 14th 05 11:59 PM
Possible bug when recording a Word Macro Raven95 Microsoft Word Help 4 April 30th 05 09:49 PM
Save As is not working due to macro security settings Craig Meritz Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 03:53 AM
2000 to 2002 macro and "Could not open macro storage" Art Farrell Mailmerge 1 December 6th 04 12:40 PM