Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Al Franz Al Franz is offline

Default Can not remove tracked changes? No Accept/Reject?

I have tracked changes in a document and when viewing I can not get the
option to Accept or Reject to come up. Could a document be protected from
allowing someone to accept or reject changes? Using Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What you see are probably not Word tracked changes. The "changes" are
probably actual formatting (strikethrough, underline, font color, etc.)
created by a third-party program such as Deltaview.

Al Franz wrote:
I have tracked changes in a document and when viewing I can not get the
option to Accept or Reject to come up. Could a document be protected from
allowing someone to accept or reject changes? Using Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Sure, a document can be protected for tracked changes which prevents others
from accepting/rejecting changes and turning Track Changes on/off. To see if
this is the case, from the Tools menu, click Protect Document to open the
Protect Document task pane and see if the document is indeed protected. If
so, try clicking Stop Protection to unprotect the document.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word