Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roadtrpn roadtrpn is offline

Default Why is there a red exclamation point on my word document icons?

All of a sudden I'm getting exclamtion points on the Word document icons.
Even the .doc and .docx files. Why is there a red exclamation point on my
word document icons?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:19:02 -0800, roadtrpn
wrote:

All of a sudden I'm getting exclamtion points on the Word document icons.
Even the .doc and .docx files. Why is there a red exclamation point on my
word document icons?

That isn't something Word does.

Do you use an online backup service, such as Mozy? If so, that icon
could mark files that haven't been backed up yet.

Some Symantec programs, such as System Center, mark icons that way
(http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...1031510414248).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman