Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
-Aapeli- -Aapeli- is offline

Default problem with word tables: picture resize fails with one user

I have two accounts. Following is working for one but fails with another
account:
*create new document,
*insert new table (eg 5 rows and two colums),
*insert big picture into cell

For user one big picture is resized automatically to fit into cell. For user
two same picture is not resized but cropped instead!
So I have executed exactly same commands in one computer, but for user two
resize doesn't work. So this must be user env related problem, while for user
one this feature works exactly the way I expect.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Dors it work with Word started in its safe mode? (Hold the CTRL key whist
starting Word). If so - see
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

-Aapeli- wrote:
I have two accounts. Following is working for one but fails with
another account:
*create new document,
*insert new table (eg 5 rows and two colums),
*insert big picture into cell

For user one big picture is resized automatically to fit into cell.
For user two same picture is not resized but cropped instead!
So I have executed exactly same commands in one computer, but for
user two resize doesn't work. So this must be user env related
problem, while for user one this feature works exactly the way I
expect.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
-Aapeli- -Aapeli- is offline

Hello,

I was able to start word in Safe mode and problem was gone. But those two
action didn't solve my problem (I did all actions just in case, althought
neither word has crasher nor I have missing menu/toolbar item). Also this is
not kind of my PC related problem, but is more like one user related problem
- while logged by using another user account this problem doesn't exist.
I tried renaming of directory C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates but it didn't solve. But because Safe mode works, I
suppose something loaded during application startup which messes my setup. Is
there any other user related data?

BR, -Aapeli-

-Aapeli- wrote:
I have two accounts. Following is working for one but fails with
another account:
*create new document,
*insert new table (eg 5 rows and two colums),
*insert big picture into cell

For user one big picture is resized automatically to fit into cell.
For user two same picture is not resized but cropped instead!
So I have executed exactly same commands in one computer, but for
user two resize doesn't work. So this must be user env related
problem, while for user one this feature works exactly the way I
expect.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Where did toolbars come into this? The first link covers essential temporary
file cleaning and should be part of any routine maintenance. The second
covers the problems caused by the environment in which Word is working - in
particular you should reset the user's Word data key in the registry and
rename that user's normal.dot.