Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Candace Candace is offline

Default Word 2003 - Watermark

I put a watermark on a Word document that is actually a picture of a form in
order to guide the user so they'll know where to place text in various areas.
However, I don't want the watermark to print. Is there any way to prevent the
watermark from printing? If not, is there some other way that I can
accomplish the goal of guiding the user as to where on the form to put text?
It is a merge document, so I can't make it a Word form.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Candace,

I have some VBA code that you can look at on my website:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Waterm...omatically.htm

That "adds" on print and then "deletes" a watermark after the print is
complete. It shouldn't be that much trouble to revise that code to "delete"
on print and then re-insert.

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Instruct users to set Tools Options Print uncheck 'drawing objects'
whilst using this document.