jeamsu

Default How do I remove US english from the spell check?

I wish to remove the us english settings from my MS word, so that if I type
say 'color' by mistake that it will not accept it as a correct word. It
should give me 'colour' as the correct spelling.
Graham Mayor

The default language for Word is that set in Windows regional settings.
Word will only spell check using the language defined for the text - see
tools language set language (set to UK English or whatever) and uncheck
the box 'Detect language automatically'.

jeamsu wrote:
I wish to remove the us english settings from my MS word, so that if
I type say 'color' by mistake that it will not accept it as a correct
word. It should give me 'colour' as the correct spelling.

Ant

Graham,
For other languages you are right, but for English English for England this
is not correct. You can not remove the US English for America setting.
Antony
PS I would dearly love this bug to be fixed.

jeamsu wrote:
I wish to remove the us english settings from my MS word, so that if
I type say 'color' by mistake that it will not accept it as a correct
word. It should give me 'colour' as the correct spelling.

Graham Mayor

I have already told you earlier in the thread how to stop Word from checking
with US spellings.
To Remove the US regional settings
Control panel regional and language options languages details -
select UK and delete US. It will be removed next time you reboot.