Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
MikeyD

Default Missing Startup Task Pane not fixed in Office XP SP3????

I, too, experienced the loss of the Startup Task Pane in Word XP (2002). KBA
810162 claims this problem was corrected in Office XP SP3. SP3 is installed
on my machine, but the Task Pane still did not display in Word, though it did
in Excel. I finally installed the Task Pane Controller, as recommended by
numerous MVPs, which does solve the problem. But does anyone know what the
story is with the alleged fix in SP3? Is it supposed to correct the problem
or not?

--
WIN-XP(SP2)-Home