jestreich

Default Shortcut Keys Do Not Save

Hi Guys,
My problem is that MS Word will not save the customized Shortcut Keys that I
set up for my keyboard. I go to Tools- Customize- Keyboard, and then I
assign new shortcut keys and save the changes in: Normal. I then close out
of both screens. The shortcut keys work properly until I exit MS Word. When
I reopen Word, the shortcut keys that I had previously set up no longer work.
The same thing happens when I save Macros. For some reason, all the
customized settings disappear when I exit the MS Word Application. Does
anyone know how to solve this problem? The PC has just been formatted and is
completely clear of errors. I have Norton Internet Security and Norton
System Works installed, so everything is well protected and running nicely.
The MS Word application is from a newly installed Microsoft 2003 student and
teacher edition, which is updated and activated. I cant seem to figure out
what is going on, and I would be extremely happy if someone could provide
some on this matter!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe G

Where is "Elsewhere?" I'd like to see the response.

My problem is slightly different. When I assign macros to a shortcut
key via Tools/Customize/Keyboard, they show up as assigned but don't
work. Assigned styles do.

When I delete and recreate the Macro and assign it a shortcut key at
that time, it works fine.

This problem is fairly new to me, though I can't pinpoint exactly when
it began.
Joe G.

User wrote:
[...]

-[/color]

--
Joe G
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have no idea where "elsewhere" is (possibly even earlier in this same NG),
but the issue here is often that the user is running Adobe Acrobat 7, which
prevents Normal.dot from being saved. See the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

-

--
Joe G[/color]