Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJS-53 JJS-53 is offline

Default Date Auto Complete

The automatic date completion feature does not seem to be working in Word
2007 although it is working fine in Outlook 2007.

Is there something I need to enable first?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

Autocomplete was removed from Word 2007.

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified, Editor/TechTrax

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:16:00 -0800, JJS-53
wrote:

The automatic date completion feature does not seem to be working in Word
2007 although it is working fine in Outlook 2007.

Is there something I need to enable first?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJS-53 JJS-53 is offline

Okay. But then why does the feature work in Outlook 2007 which uses Word as
it's editor.

Eg: If I type "Febr" in Outlook it is going to prompt me to see if I want to
insert the work "February".

Am I missing something here?

wrote:

The automatic date completion feature does not seem to be working in Word
2007 although it is working fine in Outlook 2007.

Is there something I need to enable first?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

You're right, I was wrong. They were going to remove it, but by
checking HELP, it shows that it is still there.

Sorry, not sure why it's not working for you in Word.

Dian ~

wrote:

The automatic date completion feature does not seem to be working in Word
2007 although it is working fine in Outlook 2007.

Is there something I need to enable first?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The Outlook situation is a little complicated. What Outlook 2007 uses
is a separate DLL that contains some of the same functions and code
that are in Word. When you edit messages in Outlook 2007, the Word
program itself (winword.exe) is not involved. Also, Outlook uses a
different default template, NormalEmail.dotm rather than Normal.dotm.

AutoComplete for month names does work in Word 2007 -- at least, in my
installation it does. I haven't seen any options that turn it off, so
I don't have a suggestion for how to turn it on. If you can't find the
cause, you could define AutoCorrect entries to expand the
abbreviations.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

date auto complete? Freddy New Users 1 February 15th 07 07:40 PM
Auto Complete JB Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 06 11:58 PM
Date won't complete Victoria Microsoft Word Help 1 October 3rd 05 02:03 PM
Auto Complete Date in Word Chris B. Microsoft Word Help 0 September 2nd 05 04:15 PM
How do I correct the date in Word when using Auto Complete? Disp. sandie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 09:52 PM