Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John B. Smotherman John B. Smotherman is offline

Default "Print" corrupts Word2007 document

I have a large (240+ page) document that gets corrupted throughout the
document when I try to print it. The table of contents gets modified
extenisvely, one paragraph in particular gets copied to multiple pages. I've
never seen this behavior in Word before and don't know what could be causing
it. I double-checked to see if there might be a macro somehow embedded that's
malfunctioning, but Alt-F8 reveals no macros in the document. I've now tried
opening the document on more than one machine, and have tried printing to
more than one printer, but there's no discernible difference in the document
corruption. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you print, fields are updated. Clearly, updating fields is what is
doing the damage rather than the printing itself. If you Ctrl+A, F9, you'll
probably see the same results. The paragraph copied to multiple pages is
probably text that got caught inside the bookmark for a REF field.

http://word.mvps.org

"John B. Smotherman" wrote in
message ...