Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Default "Save as" box in MSWord

Hi

For some odd reason I cannot save a (new) file in MSWord because the "save
as" frame is larger than the screen size on my notebook. Because of this, the
space for the "File name" and "Save as Type" panels - and the "Save" or
"Cancel" boxes cannot be reached. When trying to push the frame higher on the
page so that I can access and enter data into those panels and boxes, it will
move only for as long as I "hold" it in place. As soon as I release the moved
frame, ready to enter data into the panels and boxes, it slips back down
again. Similarly, I cannot "grab" the bottom or corner borders to reduce the
height of the "Save As" frame, (although I can easily change its width.) I
have moved the toolbar to the side of the screen to see if that gains
sufficient space the reduce the "Save as" frame's vertical height, but again
no success. (And I have no idea how the "Save as" frame became overly large -
clearly I've done it somehow - as it was okay initially.)

I am running MS Word 2003, on Windows 7, on a two-week old Asus Notebook.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
james
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This can be addressed in a number of ways. The simplest may be to have just
Word and the Save As dialog open, then right click the Windows task bar and
choose Cascade Windows. This will reduce the size of both windows to fit in
the available screen area. You can then re-size as required.