Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Arnett Bob Arnett is offline

Default How do you format the numbers in a Word 2007 tables cells?

I can't seem to find where one can set the formatting for table cells. I want
to have the numbers in a column to all have two decimal places even if the
user enters less than that. i.e. If the user enters 22.5, I want the cell to
display 22.50.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Word will not do that without jumping through a lot of hoops. Word is not
like Excel in that respect. If you need that kind of control, options
include creating/maintaining the table in Excel, then pasting a link to it
in Word, or creating an Excel object from scratch in Word.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible