Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lyric Editor[_2_] Lyric Editor[_2_] is offline

Default placement of Word documents on desktop

I often work with 3 or 4 Word documents open at one time. It used to be that
when I opened a saved file (either by clicking on the open file icon or
through the file drop-down menu), the saved file would open on top of the
files already open on my desktop. Lately, mysteriously, the newly opened
document does not appear on top. Instead, it's at the bottom of the pile, so
to speak. This is driving me crazy and I don't see anywhere in options or
anywhere else that will allow me to change this back to the way it was. Any
suggestions?