Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yorkshireman Yorkshireman is offline

Default send email at future date/time?

In the days before pervasive pc's infecting everywhere it used to be possible
to set outgoing send times for emails. How do I do so in Outlook, under wxp?

To be explicit - i wish to create an email *now*, and have it sent at, say,
15:00 hours.

You may aask why this is not posted in an Outlook group !? (I certainly did)
- and the answer would be that Microsoft's functionality just landed me here,
and the selection box above this doesn't include outlook. Developers like
myself would ask why the context of the Word window (writing an email) wasnt
recognised by the application - but that would be much too user friendly.
Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should look for a solution in the microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
newsgroup to which I have cross posted this response.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Yorkshireman" wrote in message
In the days before pervasive pc's infecting everywhere it used to be
possible
to set outgoing send times for emails. How do I do so in Outlook, under
wxp?

To be explicit - i wish to create an email *now*, and have it sent at,
say,
15:00 hours.

You may aask why this is not posted in an Outlook group !? (I certainly
did)
- and the answer would be that Microsoft's functionality just landed me
here,
and the selection box above this doesn't include outlook. Developers
like
myself would ask why the context of the Word window (writing an email)
wasnt
recognised by the application - but that would be much too user friendly.

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan Moseley Alan Moseley is offline

I think you are needing the DeferredDeliveryTime property. For example:-

Public Sub SendLater()
Dim x As MailItem
Set x = Outlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
x.To = "
x.Subject = "Test delaying send"
x.DeferredDeliveryTime = CDate("29/05/2009 11:02")
x.Send
Set x = Nothing
End Sub

--
Alan Moseley IT Consultancy
http://www.amitc.co.uk

If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.