Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HGL1 HGL1 is offline

Default Autonumbering 1.1.1, 1.2.2

I am trying to set the autonumbering in this format 1.1.1 ,1.1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2

I have tried using outline number and I seem to be only able to increase the
3rd digit incrementily by 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi HGL1

HGL1 wrote:
I am trying to set the autonumbering in this format 1.1.1 ,1.1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2

I have tried using outline number and I seem to be only able to increase the
3rd digit incrementily by 1.

Well, by what else would you like to increase it? :-)

See the following articles on Word's numbering, ahem, "challenges" (some
might call it "mess", or "fiasco"):

See the section on "Numbering, bullets, Headings, Outlines" (by Shauna
Kelly)
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/
How to restart style-based numbering (by Margaret Aldis)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm
Word's numbering explained (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm

If you have managed to setup a 3-level outline numbering as described
above, then on a heading 3 "1.1.2" will follow a heading 3 "1.2.1" if
and only if there's a heading 2 between them. If you want something
else, we need more details.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

template styles based on normal/ autonumbering strategy cayce Page Layout 3 October 17th 06 11:23 PM
Cross referencing without autonumbering icemouse Microsoft Word Help 4 June 15th 06 08:31 PM
Autonumbering Enid Microsoft Word Help 0 September 22nd 05 10:34 PM
Autonumbering Fred Goldman Page Layout 3 February 14th 05 12:09 AM
autonumbering thebigmac Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 10:05 PM