#1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default How to create a template doc that will allow to duplicate and editduplicate, but no changes to original unless it is doc owner/creator.

I work in an office environment where we all use the same template for different customer cases. I would like to be able to create a document that will serve as a template and allow other members to make a copy and edit it, but not allow any changes to the original. Any suggestions?
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
external usenet poster

Default How to create a template doc that will allow to duplicate andedit duplicate, but no changes to original unless it is doc owner/creator.

Are all users on the same corporate network? In that case, the easiest
solution is to create an actual template (*.dotx) for each case. You can
have a Windows login script copy the templates to each user's User
Templates folder.

When users create a new document based on a template, they get a new
unnamed document. Saving it will display the Save As dialog.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2015-09-30 00:11, wrote:
I work in an office environment where we all use the same template for different customer cases. I would like to be able to create a document that will serve as a template and allow other members to make a copy and edit it, but not allow any changes to the original. Any suggestions?