Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] alpha.martinez@gmail.com is offline

Default How to create a template doc that will allow to duplicate and editduplicate, but no changes to original unless it is doc owner/creator.

I work in an office environment where we all use the same template for different customer cases. I would like to be able to create a document that will serve as a template and allow other members to make a copy and edit it, but not allow any changes to the original. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are all users on the same corporate network? In that case, the easiest
solution is to create an actual template (*.dotx) for each case. You can
have a Windows login script copy the templates to each user's User
Templates folder.

When users create a new document based on a template, they get a new
unnamed document. Saving it will display the Save As dialog.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP