SpunkyWitch SpunkyWitch is offline
Junior Member

Angry Index linked to Section Nos. not Page Nos.

I am using Word 2010 with MacPac numbering. The numbering would go Article 1, Section 1.1, (a), (i) Article 2, Section 2.2, (a), (i) etc. and in those sections would be defined terms, example: Buyer is John Smith ("John Smith"). I initially mark the name and then do a cross-reference for the Section:
"John Smith” {XE "John Smith” \t "Section 2.1" }. But...the problem comes in when Section 2.1 becomes 2.2 (or any other number) it does not update. Can anyone please help on this as this document has over 100 index terms. Thanks ever so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Index linked to Section Nos. not Page Nos.

You have to update the cross-references before updating the index. Switching
to Print Preview and then back to your "usual" view would help (you can use
Ctrl+F2 followed by ESC).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP