Dermot

Default Inserted Object......advice please....

I have inserted an object into a word document by browsing to it. I have
selected the option to display it as an icon. The icon appears on the
document and works fine
I have tried searching "Help" but it was unsuccessful.
Questions:-
1. Inside the object box with the icon is the full path of the original
file. How can I delete or rename it, I don't want the full path. ( I found in
the "Edit" menu Label, but this dies not appear to do anything....if I change
the label it doesn't have any visible effect).?
2. When I click on the object I get the warning dialogue "this file may
contain a virus etc"....is the a way to configure the object to skip this
warning as none of my files contain viruses and I would rather do away with
this Warning message?
Thanks
Dermot
Nadia

1. right mouse click on the icon, select Document Option, Convert...
make sure Convert to... is selected and Microsoft Word Document is
highlighted. Select the Change Icon... button and enter the required text in
Caption then OK, OK. thats it.
2. check with your IT (Im assuming you're at work) you may not have access
to change the security settings.

cheers,
Nadia

"Dermot" wrote:

[...]

Dermot

Hi Nadia,
Thanks for your reply.
This is the method I found changed the caption following your instructions:-
Rt click object icon | Package Object | Convert | Change Icon | Type Caption
| OK |OK€¦.and it was done.
I am not at work, it's my home computer am am using at the moment......I
didn't see a reference to "Word" in the convert dialogue box......can you
explain what you meant about seeing it and your reference to the system
administrator... in this case that being me... I want to better understand
all possible options.
Also,
Is there a way to drag and drop the inserted object icon anywhere I want on
the document....at the moment it's position is wherever the cursor is. Drag
on drop doesn't appear to be possible, I can only drag handles to resize the
object window.
Thanks
Dermot

"Dermot" wrote:

[...]

Nadia

Hi Dermot,
What version of Word are you using?? and what virus software are you using?
If using 2002/2003 try changing your security settings to low; Tools, Macro,
Security.
To move your icon; right mouse click, Format Object, Layout, In Front of
Text, OK. It should drag anywhere on your document.
We have a public holiday here tomorrow and I will be away.
I will respond on Thursday if necessary.
cheers,
Nadia

"Dermot" wrote:

[...]

Dermot

Hi Nadia,
I hope you had a good holiday.
I am using Word 2002 and Norton internet security and Antivirus 2002.
I did as you suggested and lowered the security....this now stop the warning
message, when I open the objects I inserted into the document, thanks.
Is there anything else you would recommend as good practice to follow
regarding this topic?
Thanks
Dermot