Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CityGirl

Default When "saving as" protected forms occasionally file saved is blank.

Hi
I'm posting this question again because I received no responses to my first
post a week or more ago and this is still a big issue for us.

We have Word 2003 (Win XP operating system) and use a protected form to
create daily run reports for our fire departments (they fill in form with
fire incident details and save with date and run number for the file name).
Occasionally, (approx 3-5 times per week) this "saved as" copy of the form is
completely blank when opened and there is no way to recover the data that was
in the report. When the form is opened there is an error message saying it
cannot be converted and asks what program you want to open the file in, even
though it has a .doc extension.

Any ideas on what could be causing this or what we can do to prevent?
Thanks for any assistance you can provide, we'd really like to find an
answer.