Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William William is offline

Default Add-ins slow down computer - endnote

I recently added Endnote version 9 to Word 2007. I installed the add-in
manually with specific instructions from Endnote's website. Since installing
it my computer runs slowly when I have a document open with Endnote data.
More specifically, it is slow when I change from window to window; e.g., from
Word to the start menu, to explorer, ie7, the minimize and close boxes, etc.
When hover over the buttons they take about 7 seconds to light up, when I
press them they take about 10 second to change or activate. Funny thing
though, if I have two or more window open and I click on the window's field -
it will transfer instantly as if I had pressed the button on the task bar. I
hope you can picture what I am saying here.

Vista 64x Home premium
Office student 2007
Intel QX6700
4gig Oz sli memory
EVGA 680i sli
EVGA 8800 GTS

Vista 64x Home premium
Office student 2007
Intel QX6700
4gig Oz memory
EVGA 680i sli
EVGA 8800 GTS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mr g mr g is offline

I have endnote X1 which is supposed to be vista compatible, but it does the
same thing.
It may be to do wih Vista being 64 bit and endnote being a 32 bit
application.
They have a work-around for XP 64 , but it apparently doesn't work for vista
64.
http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/Install/faq28.asp

Vista 64x Home Premium
Office Professional 2003
Intel QX6600 G0
2gig 800Mhz
Asus Maximus Formula
XFX 8800 GT

"William" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William William is offline

Thanks mr G

Actually the suggestion you gave did work for me; however, it only for any
new documents I created did the setting remain so there would be no lag. For
old documents with endnote references I needed to go through and re-apply the
settings each time. So this fixed it for the old documents, just continual
process. I am using endnote version 9

vista 64x home premium
word 2007
endnote version 9