cadking2k5 cadking2k5 is offline
Junior Member

Default Column Break

I converted a pdf file to a word doc and it is full of column breaks like every other line. the page is in like three columns but I can't copy one column because of all the column breaks I highlight it it jumps to the next column (row) how do I delete them with out the text it he second column jumping to the first column and have the text under it come up to it
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is common in converted documents, depending on the OCR (optical
character recognition) program that did the conversion. You may have no
other choice than reformatting the content manually, I'm afraid.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cadking2k5" wrote in message

I converted a pdf file to a word doc and it is full of column breaks
like every other line. the page is in like three columns but I can't
copy one column because of all the column breaks I highlight it it jumps
to the next column (row) how do I delete them with out the text it he
second column jumping to the first column and have the text under it
come up to it

--
cadking2k5

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
james11 james11 is offline

cadking2k5 wrote on 03/06/2014 18:02 ET :
I converted a pdf file to a word doc and it is full of column breaks
like every other line. the page is in like three columns but I can't
copy one column because of all the column breaks I highlight it it jumps
to the next column (row) how do I delete them with out the text it he
second column jumping to the first column and have the text under it
come up to it

cadking2k5

Did you try to return standard one-column mode? I hope it may work for you!

Follow these steps to return standard one-column mode.
- Go-to the Page Layout Section and choose Columns from group.
- Select More Columns option.
- Choose One from Presets area of the Columns dialog box.
- Now select Whole document from the Apply to drop-down list and click OK.
- Done

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

DO NOT do what this message says. This will jumble the text together from
all the different columns. The only way to deal with having tried to turn
a pdf into editable text is to handle it line by line.

Column Break JoshW Page Layout 1 September 5th 09 04:06 AM
How do I insert a simple column break? Can't move to next column. Column breaks-moving to the next column Microsoft Word Help 2 January 31st 09 03:47 AM
Put table at top of second newspaper column after column break Chris Tables 20 February 25th 08 12:19 PM
Unwanted Column Break JenniferB Microsoft Word Help 13 September 22nd 06 05:50 PM
After a column break, why does the next column double space? Beaner_Teach Page Layout 8 July 4th 05 02:12 PM