Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
eliyahuz eliyahuz is offline

Default restart a merged table

I need to produce a page with a table on the left, with the date coming from
an Excel spreadsheet. I need to create the same table and data next to it on
the right. In other words I need to have the first 10 records of a 250 record
spreadsheet on a page and right next to it the same data, records 1-10 of the
250 record spreadsheet, appearing right next to it.
How would I do this? Your hgelp is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The only way to do this would be to have just one table, perhaps with an
empty column in the middle of it with no top and bottom borders in the cells
of that column and then have the merge fields in both the left and right
hand columns.

If you are using a directory (or catalog in earlier versions of Word), type
mail merge main document, that table would just have one row in the cells of
which you set up the mergefields.

Otherwise, if you have a formletter type mailmerge main document, with a ten
row table in it, insert a Next Record field before the first mergefield in
the left hand column for all rows EXCEPT the first.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"eliyahuz" wrote in message
I need to produce a page with a table on the left, with the date coming
from
an Excel spreadsheet. I need to create the same table and data next to it
on
the right. In other words I need to have the first 10 records of a 250
record
spreadsheet on a page and right next to it the same data, records 1-10 of
the
250 record spreadsheet, appearing right next to it.
How would I do this? Your hgelp is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
eliyahuz eliyahuz is offline

Thank you for your suggestion.
I followed your instructions but the table, which is 60 pages long, only
worked for the first page. How can I get two copies of the entire table to
continue until the end?
Thank you for any help you can offer.

"eliyahuz" wrote in message
I need to produce a page with a table on the left, with the date coming
from
an Excel spreadsheet. I need to create the same table and data next to it
on
the right. In other words I need to have the first 10 records of a 250
record
spreadsheet on a page and right next to it the same data, records 1-10 of
the
250 record spreadsheet, appearing right next to it.
How would I do this? Your hgelp is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
eliyahuz eliyahuz is offline

I'm stymied! Everything looks fine until the second (duplicate) table is
produced...it does not go past the first page...how can I get the whole (60
page) table to appear one on the left and one on the right. I tried your
suggestion; I tried to create the first and then paste a new table (and
meking the table nested in the table) and...only the first page of records
shows (and prints).

I would really appreciate some help here. Thanks.

"eliyahuz" wrote in message
I need to produce a page with a table on the left, with the date coming
from
an Excel spreadsheet. I need to create the same table and data next to it
on
the right. In other words I need to have the first 10 records of a 250
record
spreadsheet on a page and right next to it the same data, records 1-10 of
the
250 record spreadsheet, appearing right next to it.
How would I do this? Your hgelp is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Don't nest the table.

If you have two data fields in Excel, insert a 5 column table, one row table
into a Directory type mailmerge main document (I am assuming that you want a
gap between them and in the first and the fourth cells insert the first
mergefield. In the second and fifth cells, insert the second merge field.

Then execute the merge to a new document.

If you have more fields in Excel, set up the table in the Word document with
one more columns than the number for fields.

--

"eliyahuz" wrote in message
I need to produce a page with a table on the left, with the date
coming
from
an Excel spreadsheet. I need to create the same table and data next
to it
on
the right. In other words I need to have the first 10 records of a
250
record
spreadsheet on a page and right next to it the same data, records
1-10 of
the
250 record spreadsheet, appearing right next to it.
How would I do this? Your hgelp is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
eliyahuz eliyahuz is offline

Thank you. Thank you. The whole table merged. BUT there is still a problem.
Please excuse my lengthiness. I am trying to produce a directory in which
each entry (or record) consists of two lines:
Line 1: Last Name, First names for husband and wife, and phone number.
Line 2: Adress1 and Adress 2, City, State and Zip code
that each page has a duplicate table on it (one on the left and one on the
right) that goes all the way through the merge (which is quite a lot of pages
as I mentioned earlier). The NEW problem is that although both the tables
appear, the one on the left has record #1,#2,#3,#4 until the end, BUT the one
on the right has record #1, then skips (I'm not sure how many) and continues.
What can I do to fix that?

"eliyahuz" wrote in message
I need to produce a page with a table on the left, with the date
coming
from
an Excel spreadsheet. I need to create the same table and data next
to it
on
the right. In other words I need to have the first 10 records of a
250
record
spreadsheet on a page and right next to it the same data, records
1-10 of
the
250 record spreadsheet, appearing right next to it.
How would I do this? Your hgelp is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Tell us exactly what you have in the mail merge main document, including
exactly how the Mergefields and any Wordfields such as Next Record are
arranged.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my