Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Default Style problems in Word 07

In Office Word 07 (Windows Vista), I cannot find a way to solve a formatting
problem Im having. When I highlight a paragraph to change its style, the
whole document changes to the style I chose for the selected paragraph. Also,
If I change a paragraphs word-font size or color, the whole document changes
according to the style in the selected paragraph.

I opened Microsoft Vistas €śModify Style€ť box, but, unlike in Windows XP,
there was no checkbox for €śAutomatically Update€ť.

I also clicked on the Office Button and selected €śWord Options€ť, and the
€śPopular€ť on the €śenable live preview€ť was already checked.

Furthermore, none of the €śStyles€ť box selections solves the problem. Any
suggestions?

Mal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWFs?=,

When I highlight a paragraph to change its style, the
whole document changes to the style I chose for the selected paragraph. Also,
If I change a paragraphs word-font size or color, the whole document changes
according to the style in the selected paragraph.

Did this document (or its template) originate in Word 2007 or an earlier version?

The Automatically Update property for styles still exists, but the option won't
show up in the "Modify" dialog box unless it was turned on for the style when it
was created. You can still access it through the object model (a macro), however.

You might try running this macro to check the setting. Click in the paragraph,
then run the macro

Sub IsCurrentStyleAutoUpdate()
Dim styl As Word.Style

Set styl = Selection.Style
MsgBox "The style " & styl.NameLocal & _
"'s automatic update setting is " & _
styl.AutomaticallyUpdate
End Sub

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Thanks for your reply, Cindy.

Yes, I used the macro in Word 03. I had the difficulty in that edition, too.

Hi ?B?TWFs?=,