Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane Diane is offline

Default in Word 2003 can I save a document as JPEG?

I have a document I made in Word and I want to save it as JPEG because the
people I am sending it to can not open it in Word.
Any answers.....:O)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There is a free Word viewer but I am a bit baffled. I don't know anyone who
can't open a Word doc in some program, even if it's not Word.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Diane" wrote in message
I have a document I made in Word and I want to save it as JPEG because the
people I am sending it to can not open it in Word.
Any answers.....:O)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word cannot directly to .jpg or other graphic file format. If you choose
Files - Save As, and drop down the list of types, you'll see a list of the
different formats that are available in Word 2003.

As JoAnn indicated, it's really rare when someone can't open a .doc file at
all. If the recipients are using just about any version of Windows, they
should have WordPad available--it comes with Windows--at the very least.
And, as JoAnn indicated, a free Word viewer is available from Microsoft.

Or... are you saying that when you send them the Word file, they have Word,
but they can't open it in Word for some reason?

If that's the case, try saving it in .rtf format, and see if it works then.

Or, if it *has* to be in a graphic format, there is a convoluted method, but
the results are seldom satisfactory. If that is indeed the goal, post back
and I'll detail the ugly process.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Diane" wrote in message
I have a document I made in Word and I want to save it as JPEG because the
people I am sending it to can not open it in Word.
Any answers.....:O)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are ways to save Word documents as JPEGs, but you'd need one for each
page, and this is not really very satisfactory. Much simpler would be for
the recipients to get the Word Viewer at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en.
The Works word processor and WordPad can also open files from some versions
of Word, as can OpenOffice.

"Diane" wrote in message
I have a document I made in Word and I want to save it as JPEG because the
people I am sending it to can not open it in Word.
Any answers.....:O)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You would be able to save it as jpeg with a third party product such as
SnagIt 8. However SnagIt 8 alse offers the option to create PDF format
files, which would work better for a multi-page document. There are also a
number of PDF creation tools around, ranging in price from free to Adobe
Acrobat - try PrimoPDF.