RKS

Default Convert numeric value into english word

Pl tell me How to create function to convert numeric value in english word
format.
Ex. 456.23 ( four hundred fiftty six and paise twenty three).
Pl give me permananent solution. every time when we open word or excel its.
work.

Thanks in advance.
R.K.Sharma

Doug Robbins

Function ConvertCurrencyToEnglish(ByVal MyNumber)
Dim Temp
Dim Dollars, Cents
Dim DecimalPlace, Count

ReDim Place(9) As String
Place(2) = " Thousand "
Place(3) = " Million "
Place(4) = " Billion "
Place(5) = " Trillion "

MyNumber = Trim(Str(MyNumber))

DecimalPlace = InStr(MyNumber, ".")
If DecimalPlace 0 Then
Temp = Left(Mid(MyNumber, DecimalPlace + 1) & "00", 2)
Cents = ConvertTens(Temp)
MyNumber = Trim(Left(MyNumber, DecimalPlace - 1))
End If
Count = 1
Do While MyNumber ""
'convert last 3 digits to English Dollars
Temp = ConvertHundreds(Right(MyNumber, 3))
If Temp "" Then Dollars = Temp & Place(Count) & Dollars
If Len(MyNumber) 3 Then
'remove last 3 comverted digits
MyNumber = Left(MyNumber, Len(MyNumber) - 3)
Else
MyNumber = ""
End If
Count = Count + 1
Loop

'clean up dollars
Select Case Dollars
Case ""
Dollars = "NoDollars"
Case "One"
Dollars = "One Dollar"
Case Else
Dollars = Dollars & " Dollars"
End Select

'clean up cents
Select Case Cents
Case ""
Cents = " And No Cents"
Case "One"
Cents = " And One Cent"
Case Else
Cents = " And " & Cents & " Cents"
End Select
ConvertCurrencyToEnglish = Dollars & Cents
End Function
Private Function ConvertHundreds(ByVal MyNumber)
Dim Result As String
If Val(MyNumber) = 0 Then Exit Function

'append leading zeros to number
MyNumber = Right("000" & MyNumber, 3)

'do we have hundreds place digit to convert?
If Left(MyNumber, 1) "0" Then
Result = ConvertDigit(Left(MyNumber, 1)) & " Hundred "
End If

'do we have tens place digit to convert?
If Mid(MyNumber, 2, 1) "0" Then
Result = Result & ConvertTens(Mid(MyNumber, 2))
Else
'if not, then convert the ones place digit
Result = Result & ConvertDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 3))
End If
ConvertHundreds = Trim(Result)
End Function
Private Function ConvertTens(ByVal MyTens)
Dim Result As String
'is value between 10 and 19?
If Val(Left(MyTens, 1)) = 1 Then
Select Case Val(MyTens)
Case 10: Result = "Ten"
Case 11: Result = "Eleven"
Case 12: Result = "Twelve"
Case 13: Result = "Thirteen"
Case 14: Result = "Fourteen"
Case 15: Result = "Fifteen"
Case 16: Result = "Sixteen"
Case 17: Result = "Seventeen"
Case 18: Result = "Eighteen"
Case 19: Result = "Nineteen"
Case Else
End Select
Else
Select Case Val(Left(MyTens, 1))
Case 2: Result = "Twenty "
Case 3: Result = "Thirty "
Case 4: Result = "Forty "
Case 5: Result = "Fifty "
Case 6: Result = "Sixty "
Case 7: Result = "Seventy "
Case 8: Result = "Eighty "
Case 9: Result = "Ninety "
Case Else
End Select

'convert ones place digit
Result = Result & ConvertDigit(Right(MyTens, 1))
End If
ConvertTens = Result
End Function
Private Function ConvertDigit(ByVal MyDigit)
Select Case Val(MyDigit)
Case 1: ConvertDigit = "One"
Case 2: ConvertDigit = "Two"
Case 3: ConvertDigit = "Three"
Case 4: ConvertDigit = "Four"
Case 5: ConvertDigit = "Five"
Case 6: ConvertDigit = "Six"
Case 7: ConvertDigit = "Seven"
Case 8: ConvertDigit = "Eight"
Case 9: ConvertDigit = "Nine"
Case Else: ConvertDigit = ""
End Select
End Function
Sub TestAboveFunction()
Dim MyNumber
MyNumber = 551521896.32
MsgBox ConvertCurrencyToEnglish(ByVal MyNumber)
End Sub

Or, here's another way.

Amount = Selection.Text

Dollars = Int(Val(Amount))

cents = Int((Val(Amount) - Dollars) * 100)

Selection.Delete

Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldEmpty, _

PreserveFormatting:=False

Selection.TypeText Text:="=" & Dollars & " \* CardText \* Caps"

Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=2

Selection.TypeText Text:=" Dollars and "

Macro to convert number to dollars and cents

Selection.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldEmpty, _

PreserveFormatting:=False

Selection.TypeText Text:="=" & cents & " \* CardText \* Caps"

Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=2

Selection.TypeText Text:=" cents"

ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = Not ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes

ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes = Not ActiveWindow.View.ShowFieldCodes

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.