Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gail Gail is offline

Default How can I fill out form that uses underlines instead of text field

Hi,

I received a rental application form that was created in Word and sent as an
attachment to email. The form uses underlines after each question. When I
type my answer the underline breaks up and everything moves over and unto new
lines. I tried using insert/typeover but it did the same thing whether insert
or over was selected.

Is there a way to convert this to an actual form short of replacing each
underline area to a text field?

I have Microsoft Office 2000 and Windows XP SP2.

Can anyone help, please?

Gail

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The form you have received was clearly not intended to be filled in on a PC.
If you want it to work as a form then replace the underlines with form
fields - or print it and fill it out with a pen and mail it.

Gail wrote:
Hi,

I received a rental application form that was created in Word and
sent as an attachment to email. The form uses underlines after each
question. When I type my answer the underline breaks up and
everything moves over and unto new lines. I tried using
insert/typeover but it did the same thing whether insert or over was
selected.

Is there a way to convert this to an actual form short of replacing
each underline area to a text field?

I have Microsoft Office 2000 and Windows XP SP2.

Can anyone help, please?

Gail

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you insist on doing it that way, you can select the correct number
of underscore characters, turn on Underline, and type your entries.
But if your entry has more letters than tthey've provided underscore
characters, you're in trouble.