Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
peter from sydney peter from sydney is offline

Default how do I put the footnote button on a toolbar

I use footnotes and endnotes a lot, is there a quicker way than "insert",
"reference", footnote. I was hoping there is a way of putting an option to
click straight onto a toolbar.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

CTRL+ALT+F will insert a footnote at the current position (or add the insert
footnote command to the toobar from tools customize - Word 2007 will

probably be different )

peter from sydney wrote:
I use footnotes and endnotes a lot, is there a quicker way than
"insert", "reference", footnote. I was hoping there is a way of
putting an option to click straight onto a toolbar.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
peter from sydney[_2_] peter from sydney[_2_] is offline

Thanks Graham, both worked well and will save me huge time and lower stress.
Thanks for such a prompt response

"peter from sydney" wrote:

I use footnotes and endnotes a lot, is there a quicker way than "insert",
"reference", footnote. I was hoping there is a way of putting an option to
click straight onto a toolbar.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To add to what Graham has said, Alt+Ctrl+D will insert an endnote. Both this
and Alt+Ctrl+F insert notes using the currently set defaults, so you do need
to use Insert | Reference | Footnote the first time to make any desired
changes in the setup.

"peter from sydney" wrote in
message ...