Magicdrshoon Magicdrshoon is offline
Junior Member

Default Word 2007: Menus Greyed Out

Hi.

I am completing a form provided to me which seems to be locked down in some way. It's based around tables.

It's not Protected (unprotected checked)

All areas which can have text entered is 'highlighted' in grey. Nothing else can be edited.

I want to add another row to the table.

Almost all of the menus in the ribbon are greyed out (including most of the developer ones).

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the form I can't post it up on the forum for you all to look at.

I'm happy to clarify any points required though.

I Hope you can help!

Thanks!

PS I just tried 'Inspecting' the document, and it said that I need to remove the document protection first. So it seems it is protected in some way, but not from the way I know, which is through the ribbon menu at the top!

Last edited by Magicdrshoon : April 4th 13 at 03:05 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you click the Developer tab, and then click Restrict Editing. Do you see
a button labeled Stop Protection?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Magicdrshoon" wrote in message

[...]

Cool

I've answered my own question.

For others that face this issue:
o - Go to the 'Review' tab on the ribbon at the top of the screen.
o - Click the 'Protect Document' menu button
o - Click 'Restrict Formatting and Editing' (if it's there)
o - Click 'Stop Protection' button at the bottom of the side-bar that appears on the right.
o - Un-tick where it says 'Allow only this type of editing in the document'

Then you're good to go
ws1o ws1o is offline
Junior Member

Location: Central CT USA
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicdrshoon View Post
I've answered my own question.

For others that face this issue:
o - Go to the 'Review' tab on the ribbon at the top of the screen.
o - Click the 'Protect Document' menu button
o - Click 'Restrict Formatting and Editing' (if it's there)
o - Click 'Stop Protection' button at the bottom of the side-bar that appears on the right.
o - Un-tick where it says 'Allow only this type of editing in the document'

Then you're good to go
Thanx, Magicdrshoon, that was the info I needed!